Top 5 Projected Kickers: Week 15
By Bart Lopez
The NFL season is heading into crunch time, so now is a great time to sign up for an ALL-ACCESS membership. All the game previews and in-depth analyses for college football, college basketball, soccer, and NFL games will be at your fingertips.
1. Mason Crosby (GB): Crosby had a huge game against Oakland. He made four field goals and four extra points in the win. The Packers ran through the Raiders and face the Chiefs this week. Expect another good game from Crosby. Projected fantasy points: 10.5.
2. Dan Bailey (DAL): Bailey had his best fantasy game since early November. He made two field goals and four extra points in the loss. Bailey is one of the highest scoring kickers in the league, and a solid starter. Projected fantasy points: 10.0.
3. Matt Bryant (ATL): Bryant missed his second field goal of the game last week. This week the Falcons play the Jaguars. Atlanta isn’t likely to reach the end zone often against a tough Jacksonville defense, so Bryant will get plenty of opportunities to put points on the board. Projected fantasy points: 9.8.
4. Lawrence Tynes (NYG): One of Tynes’ field goals was the difference in the game as the Giants won 37-34 over the Cowboys. He added in another field goal and three extra points. The Giants play the Redskins this Sunday. Expect another solid day from Tynes. Projected fantasy points: 9.8.
5. Stephen Gostkowski (NE): Gostkowski had another great game with two field goals and four extra points made. The Patriots play the Broncos this week. Denver’s defense has stepped up as of late, and could limit New England to a few field goals, making Gostkowski a great starter. Projected fantasy points: 9.6.
Not top 5, but could be: This week’s kicker that missed the cut is Cincinnati’s Mike Nugent. Nugent did most of the scoring for the Bengals against the Texans. He sent four field goals through the uprights. The Bengals offense has struggled as of late, making Nugent a valuable starter for deeper fantasy leagues. Projected fantasy points: 9.1. Top 5 NFL fantasy running backs Top 5 NFL fantasy wide receivers Top 5 NFL fantasy tight ends Top 5 NFL fantasy defenses/special teams Top 5 NFL fantasy quarterbacks