September 09, 2022 10:20 AM CDT

San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs 9/9/2022

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Chicago Cubs are 29-38 at home this season and the San Francisco Giants are 28-37 on the road this season. This is a close match-up with both teams having a 45 to 55 percent chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Both starters have a good chance of having a quality start. Drew Smyly has a 52% chance of a QS and Carlos Rodon a 57% chance. If Drew Smyly has a quality start the Cubs has a 70% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.6 and he has a 33% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Cubs win 55%. If Carlos Rodon has a quality start the Giants has a 68% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 4.7 and he has a 32% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Giants win 51%. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Chicago Cubs is Seiya Suzuki who averaged 1.97 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 30% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cubs have a 68% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the San Francisco Giants is Joc Pederson who averaged 2.08 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 33% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Giants have a 67% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: San Francisco Giants

San Francisco GiantsRECORDChicago CubsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road28-37, 43% -1294Record at Home29-38, 43% -921Chicago Cubs
VS Chicago Cubs3-1, 75% 94VS San Francisco Giants1-3, 25% -178San Francisco Giants
vs Team Under .50037-28, 57% -707vs Team .500 or Better29-53, 35% -1210San Francisco Giants
Record as Road Favorite20-15, 57% -171Record as Home Underdog15-24, 38% -462San Francisco Giants
When Carlos Rodon Starts13-14, 48% -594When Drew Smyly Starts8-13, 38% -531Chicago Cubs

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. NEITHER TEAM HAS UNITS EDGE

San Francisco GiantsRECORDChicago CubsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road3-8, 27% -488Record at Home6-4, 60% 276Chicago Cubs
VS Chicago Cubs0-0 No GamesVS San Francisco Giants0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team .500 or Better6-7, 46% -105vs Team .500 or Better4-8, 33% -120San Francisco Giants
Record as Road Favorite2-3, 40% -179Record as Home Underdog4-4, 50% 166Chicago Cubs
When Carlos Rodon Starts3-2, 60% -47When Drew Smyly Starts2-3, 40% -146San Francisco Giants

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

San Francisco GiantsRECORDChicago CubsRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD35-28, 56% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME32-31, 51% OverOVER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS5-4, 56% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS5-4, 56% OverOVER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON36-43, 46% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON43-34, 56% OverOVER
OVER-UNDER IN Carlos Rodon STARTS12-13, 48% OverOVER-UNDER IN Drew Smyly STARTS5-16, 24% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 39-26, 60% +1055 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 31-36, 46% -292 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 7-4, 64% +380 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 5-5, 50% +125

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 37-28, 57% -108 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 32-35, 48% -941 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 5-6, 45% -327 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 6-4, 60% +78

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 29-21, 58% + 590 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 22-34, 39% -1540 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 6-2, 75% + 380 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 2-6, 25% -460

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW
Joomla SEF URLs by Artio