May 14, 2022 5:52 AM CDT

Houston Astros vs Washington Nationals 5/14/2022

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Houston Astros are 13-7 on the road this season and are heavy favorites to beat the Washington Nationals who are 4-14 at home. The Astros have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Astros\' starter Cristian Javier is forecasted to have a better game than Nationals\' starter Erick Fedde. Cristian Javier has a 51% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Erick Fedde has a 43% chance of a QS. If Cristian Javier has a quality start the Astros has a 74% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.5 and he has a 26% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Astros win 60%. In Erick Fedde quality starts the Nationals win 65%. He has a 9% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 65% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Washington Nationals is Josh Bell who averaged 2.5 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 44% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Nationals have a 53% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Houston Astros is Yordan Alvarez who averaged 2.6 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 45% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Astros have a 68% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Houston Astros

Houston AstrosRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road13-7, 65% 367Record at Home4-14, 22% -976Houston Astros
VS Washington Nationals1-0, 100% 63VS Houston Astros0-1, 0% -100Houston Astros
vs Team Under .50012-3, 80% 475vs Team .500 or Better8-16, 33% -557Houston Astros
Record as Road Favorite10-5, 67% 253Record as Home Underdog2-12, 14% -922Houston Astros
When Cristian Javier Starts2-0, 100% 153When Erick Fedde Starts3-3, 50% 51Houston Astros

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Houston Astros

Houston AstrosRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road9-5, 64% 196Record at Home3-11, 21% -790Houston Astros
VS Washington Nationals1-0, 100% 63VS Houston Astros0-1, 0% -100Houston Astros
vs Team Under .50014-7, 67% 249vs Team .500 or Better6-11, 35% -305Houston Astros
Record as Road Favorite8-3, 73% 298Record as Home Underdog1-9, 10% -736Houston Astros
When Cristian Javier Starts2-0, 100% 153When Erick Fedde Starts2-3, 40% -63Houston Astros

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

Houston AstrosRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD4-16, 20% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME4-14, 22% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS3-11, 21% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS3-11, 21% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON47-35, 57% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON35-44, 44% OverUNDER
OVER-UNDER IN Cristian Javier STARTS0-2, 0% OverOVER-UNDER IN Erick Fedde STARTS3-2, 60% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - Houston Astros Road Games: 9-11, 45% -295 Washington Nationals Home Games: 6-12, 33% -609 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Houston Astros Road Games: 7-7, 50% -144 Washington Nationals Home Games: 5-9, 36% -423

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - Houston Astros Road Games: 12-8, 60% +218 Washington Nationals Home Games: 13-5, 72% +456 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Houston Astros Road Games: 11-3, 79% +588 Washington Nationals Home Games: 9-5, 64% +135

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - Houston Astros Road Games: 15-5, 75% + 950 Washington Nationals Home Games: 13-4, 76% + 860 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - Houston Astros Road Games: 11-3, 79% + 770 Washington Nationals Home Games: 11-3, 79% + 770

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW
Joomla SEF URLs by Artio