By Jonathan Lee
The second round of the NHL playoffs features an interesting quirk thanks to re-seeding. Each seed is represented once one through eight. AccuScore did very well in the opening round picking the series even with all the upheaval in both conferences. The computer correctly gave tremendous value to three of the four upsets.
The NHL playoffs start on Wednesday, and unlike the NBA there is a higher likelihood of lower seeds upsetting the favorites in either conference. That fact is borne out by the probabilities and projections. A hockey series only needs a hot goalie to change everything. Below are the series odds for each of the eight first round series with the posted odds (line), the translated percentage (line%), and the AccuScore projection (acc%).
Every pick for each game can be found on the NHL expert picks page.
- Ovechkin Scores, Crosby Sits
- Ryan Miller Passes Test
- Penguins Beat Caps, Miller Returns
- New Coaches Lose, Schneider Shines
- Caps, Canes Can Coaches
- Sabres Seek Revenge for Miller
- Sid the Kid Shines in Return
- Sidney Crosby Makes His Long Awaited Return...Finally!
- NHL 2011-12 Season Preview
- NHL Analysis