May 02, 2013 4:16 PM UTC

San Diego Padres vs Chicago Cubs 5/2/2013

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Chicago Cubs are 5-6 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the San Diego Padres who are 5-10 on the road this season. The Cubs have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Cubs\' starter Travis Wood is forecasted to have a better game than Padres\' starter Eric Stults. Travis Wood has a 59% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Eric Stults has a 45% chance of a QS. If Travis Wood has a quality start the Cubs has a 70% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 2.3 and he has a 18% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Cubs win 65%. In Eric Stults quality starts the Padres win 55%. He has a 29% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 55% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Chicago Cubs is David DeJesus who averaged 1.92 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 29% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cubs have a 71% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the San Diego Padres is Chase Headley who averaged 2.03 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 32% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Padres have a 56% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: San Diego Padres

San Diego PadresRECORDChicago CubsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road5-10, 33% -204Record at Home5-6, 45% -75Chicago Cubs
VS Chicago Cubs1-2, 33% -72VS San Diego Padres2-1, 67% 72Chicago Cubs
vs Team Under .5006-6, 50% 327vs Team Under .5005-2, 71% 218San Diego Padres
Record As Road Underdog5-8, 38% -4Record As Home Favorite2-2, 50% -42San Diego Padres
When Eric Stults Starts3-2, 60% 190When Travis Wood Starts3-2, 60% 95San Diego Padres

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: San Diego Padres

San Diego PadresRECORDChicago CubsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road5-9, 36% -104Record at Home5-6, 45% -75Chicago Cubs
VS Chicago Cubs1-2, 33% -72VS San Diego Padres2-1, 67% 72Chicago Cubs
vs Team Under .5006-5, 55% 427vs Team Under .5005-2, 71% 218San Diego Padres
Record As Road Underdog5-7, 42% 96Record As Home Favorite2-2, 50% -42San Diego Padres
When Eric Stults Starts3-2, 60% 190When Travis Wood Starts3-2, 60% 95San Diego Padres

OVER-UNDER TRENDS: This game is trending Under

San Diego PadresRECORDChicago CubsRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD6-8, 43% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME6-5, 55% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS5-8, 38% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS6-5, 55% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON42-36, 54% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON37-42, 47% OverOVER
OVER-UNDER IN Eric Stults STARTS2-2, 50% OverOVER-UNDER IN Travis Wood STARTS2-3, 40% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - San Diego Padres Road Games: 8-7, 53% +576 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 7-4, 64% +291 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - San Diego Padres Road Games: 7-7, 50% +504 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 7-4, 64% +291

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - San Diego Padres Road Games: 10-5, 67% +296 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 4-7, 36% -382 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - San Diego Padres Road Games: 9-5, 64% +224 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 4-7, 36% -382

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - San Diego Padres Road Games: 8-5, 62% + 250 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 7-4, 64% + 260 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - San Diego Padres Road Games: 8-4, 67% + 360 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 7-4, 64% + 260

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW