April 05, 2014 10:37 AM UTC

San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers 4/5/2014

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Los Angeles Dodgers are 0-1 at home this season and the San Francisco Giants are 4-1 on the road this season. This is a close match-up with both teams having a 45 to 55 percent chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Both starters have a good chance of having a quality start. Paul Maholm has a 50% chance of a QS and Madison Bumgarner a 50% chance. If Paul Maholm has a quality start the Dodgers has a 64% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.2 and he has a 29% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Dodgers win 57%. If Madison Bumgarner has a quality start the Giants has a 60% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 4.4 and he has a 41% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Giants win 52%. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Los Angeles Dodgers is Yasiel Puig who averaged 1.85 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 28% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Dodgers have a 64% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the San Francisco Giants is Buster Posey who averaged 2.15 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 36% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Giants have a 66% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: San Francisco Giants

San Francisco GiantsRECORDLos Angeles DodgersRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road4-1, 80% 346Record at Home0-1, 0% -100San Francisco Giants
VS Los Angeles Dodgers1-0, 100% 156VS San Francisco Giants0-1, 0% -100San Francisco Giants
vs Team .500 or Better1-0, 100% 156vs Team .500 or Better0-1, 0% -100San Francisco Giants
Record as Road Favorite1-0, 100% 83Record as Home Underdog0-0 No GamesSan Francisco Giants
When Madison Bumgarner Starts1-0, 100% 83When Paul Maholm Starts0-0 No GamesSan Francisco Giants

LAST SEASON: We advise focusing on these trends in the first month of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco GiantsRECORDLos Angeles DodgersRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road35-46, 43% -823Record at Home51-35, 59% 43Los Angeles Dodgers
VS Los Angeles Dodgers11-8, 58% 349VS San Francisco Giants8-11, 42% -465San Francisco Giants
vs Team .500 or Better41-46, 47% -288vs Team .500 or Better39-36, 52% -224Los Angeles Dodgers
Record as Road Favorite13-12, 52% -92Record as Home Underdog7-6, 54% 135Los Angeles Dodgers
When Madison Bumgarner Starts0-0 No GamesWhen Paul Maholm Starts0-0 No GamesN/A

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

San Francisco GiantsRECORDLos Angeles DodgersRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD4-1, 80% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME1-0, 100% OverOVER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS4-1, 80% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS1-0, 100% OverOVER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON37-41, 47% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON41-41, 50% OverOVER
OVER-UNDER IN Madison Bumgarner STARTS1-0, 100% OverOVER-UNDER IN Paul Maholm STARTS0-0 No GamesN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 2-3, 40% -106 Los Angeles Dodgers Home Games: 0-1, 0% -100 SIDE VALUE (Last Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 54-27, 67% +1466 Los Angeles Dodgers Home Games: 45-41, 52% +501

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 3-2, 60% +77 Los Angeles Dodgers Home Games: 0-1, 0% -100 MONEY LINE (Last Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 51-30, 63% +1003 Los Angeles Dodgers Home Games: 57-29, 66% +1209

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 2-3, 40% -130 Los Angeles Dodgers Home Games: 1-0, 100% + 100 OVER-UNDER RECORD (LAST SEASON) - San Francisco Giants Road Games: 40-34, 54% + 260 Los Angeles Dodgers Home Games: 31-34, 48% -640

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW