Southampton @ Manchester City 8/19/2012
AccuScore.com, the leader in sports forecasting, has simulated this game thousands of times one play at a time and the game forecast below is based on these simulations.
There is a 5.7% chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw Manchester City, at 93.3%, are heavy favorites to beat Southampton who have a 1% chance. In simulation wins, Southampton upsets Manchester City by averaging 6 shots and 2.4 shots on goal. They average 1.4 goals in simulated victories vs just 0.3 in simulation losses. Overall, the average simulation score is Manchester City 3.5 to Southampton 0.3.
The leading goal scorer for Southampton is Jason Puncheon with a 15% chance of scoring 1 or more goals. When he has at least one goal Southampton has a 4% chance to win. The leading goal scorer for Manchester City is Sergio Aguero with a 66% chance of scoring 1 or more goals. When he has at least one goal Manchester City has a 98% chance to win.
LINES: Southampton +19.75 --- Manchester City +1.196 --- DRAW +7.5 --- TEAM RECORDS (W-L-D-Pts) Southampton Road Record: 0-0-0-0, Road Record in '10-11: 0-0-0-0, Manchester City Home Record: 0-0-0-0, Home Record in '10-11: 18-0-1-55
|All Games (Win-Loss-Draw)||W-L-D: 0-0-0||All Games (Win-Loss-Draw)||W-L-D: 0-0-0|
|Road Games (W-L-D)||W-L-D: 0-0-0||Home Games (W-L-D)||W-L-D: 0-0-0|
|vs OPP (W-L-D)||W-L-D: 0-0-0||vs OPP (W-L-D)||W-L-D: 0-0-0|
|Win by 2 or More||No Games||Win by 2 or More||No Games|
|Lose by 2 or More||No Games||Lose by 2 or More||No Games|
|When Underdog||W-L-D: 0-0-0||When Underdog||W-L-D: 0-0-0|
|Road Underdog||W-L-D: 0-0-0||Home Underdog||W-L-D: 0-0-0|
|All Games 10-11||W-L-D: 0-0-0||All Games 10-11||W-L-D: 21-9-8|
|Road 10-11||W-L-D: 0-0-0||Home 10-11||W-L-D: 13-2-4|
|vs OPP 10-11||W-L-D: 0-0-0||vs OPP 10-11||W-L-D: 0-0-0|
|Win by 2 or More (10-11)||W-L-D: 0-0-0||Win by 2 or More (10-11)||11 of 38 games 28.9%|
|Lose by 2 or More (10-11)||W-L-D: 0-0-0||Lose by 2 or More (10-11)||3 of 38 games 7.9%|
|Over-Under||O-U: 0-0||Over-Under||O-U: 0-0|
|Road Over-Under||O-U: 0-0||Home Over-Under||O-U: 0-0|
|Over-Under vs Opp||O-U: 0-0||Over-Under vs Opp||O-U: 0-0|
|Total: 3 or More Goals||No Games||Total: 3 or More Goals||No Games|
|Total: 2 or Less Goals||No Games||Total: 2 or Less Goals||No Games|
|Total 10-11: 3 or More Goals||No Games||Total 10-11: 3 or More Goals||19 of 38 games 50%|
|Total 10-11: 2 or Less Goals||No Games||Total 10-11: 2 or Less Goals||19 of 38 games 50%|