September 13, 2017 5:10 AM CDT

Oakland Athletics vs Boston Red Sox 9/13/2017

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Boston Red Sox are 44-27 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the Oakland Athletics who are 21-47 on the road this season. The Red Sox have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Both starters have a relatively low chance of having a quality start. Doug Fister has a 39% chance of a QS and Jharel Cotton a 34% chance. If Doug Fister has a quality start the Red Sox has a 80% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 2.6 and he has a 19% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Red Sox win 56%. If Jharel Cotton has a quality start the Athletics has a 74% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 2.1 and he has a 15% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Athletics win 53%. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Boston Red Sox is Mookie Betts who averaged 2.3 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 40% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Red Sox have a 66% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Oakland Athletics is Khris Davis who averaged 2.14 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 34% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Athletics have a 62% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Boston Red Sox

Oakland AthleticsRECORDBoston Red SoxRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road21-47, 31% -2096Record at Home44-27, 62% 222Boston Red Sox
VS Boston Red Sox3-1, 75% 271VS Oakland Athletics1-3, 25% -208Oakland Athletics
vs Team .500 or Better35-41, 46% 142vs Team .500 or Better33-25, 57% 367Boston Red Sox
Record As Road Underdog19-44, 30% -1959Record As Home Favorite41-25, 62% 21Boston Red Sox
When Jharel Cotton Starts9-13, 41% -310When Doug Fister Starts6-5, 55% 177Boston Red Sox

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. NEITHER TEAM HAS UNITS EDGE

Oakland AthleticsRECORDBoston Red SoxRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road2-10, 17% -670Record at Home8-7, 53% -146Boston Red Sox
VS Boston Red Sox0-0 No GamesVS Oakland Athletics0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team .500 or Better9-9, 50% 298vs Team .500 or Better7-10, 41% -193Oakland Athletics
Record As Road Underdog2-10, 17% -670Record As Home Favorite8-6, 57% -46Boston Red Sox
When Jharel Cotton Starts3-2, 60% 224When Doug Fister Starts3-2, 60% 179Oakland Athletics

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

Oakland AthleticsRECORDBoston Red SoxRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD35-32, 52% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME24-43, 36% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS5-7, 42% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS6-8, 43% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON41-37, 53% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON43-37, 54% OverUNDER
OVER-UNDER IN Jharel Cotton STARTS9-10, 47% OverOVER-UNDER IN Doug Fister STARTS3-7, 30% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - Oakland Athletics Road Games: 29-39, 43% -684 Boston Red Sox Home Games: 39-32, 55% +1197 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Oakland Athletics Road Games: 5-7, 42% -317 Boston Red Sox Home Games: 8-7, 53% +340

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - Oakland Athletics Road Games: 43-25, 63% +550 Boston Red Sox Home Games: 40-31, 56% -440 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Oakland Athletics Road Games: 9-3, 75% +264 Boston Red Sox Home Games: 6-9, 40% -496

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - Oakland Athletics Road Games: 29-31, 48% -510 Boston Red Sox Home Games: 38-25, 60% + 1050 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - Oakland Athletics Road Games: 6-5, 55% + 50 Boston Red Sox Home Games: 7-5, 58% + 150

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW