August 21, 2018 8:36 PM CDT

Philadelphia Phillies vs Washington Nationals 8/21/2018

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Washington Nationals are 30-30 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the Philadelphia Phillies who are 27-34 on the road this season. The Nationals have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Nationals\' starter Tanner Roark is forecasted to have a better game than Phillies\' starter Vincent Velasquez. Tanner Roark has a 48% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Vincent Velasquez has a 34% chance of a QS. If Tanner Roark has a quality start the Nationals has a 66% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.4 and he has a 28% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Nationals win 63%. In Vincent Velasquez quality starts the Phillies win 63%. He has a 21% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 63% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Washington Nationals is Daniel Murphy who averaged 2.28 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 38% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Nationals have a 70% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Philadelphia Phillies is Rhys Hoskins who averaged 2 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 32% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Phillies have a 59% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Philadelphia Phillies

Philadelphia PhilliesRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road27-34, 44% -511Record at Home30-30, 50% -1190Philadelphia Phillies
VS Washington Nationals6-4, 60% 218VS Philadelphia Phillies4-6, 40% -286Philadelphia Phillies
vs Team Under .50035-28, 56% -153vs Team .500 or Better29-41, 41% -1702Philadelphia Phillies
Record As Road Underdog15-23, 39% -351Record As Home Favorite27-27, 50% -1213Philadelphia Phillies
When Vincent Velasquez Starts10-13, 43% -413When Tanner Roark Starts10-14, 42% -514Philadelphia Phillies

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. NEITHER TEAM HAS UNITS EDGE

Philadelphia PhilliesRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road4-8, 33% -344Record at Home8-5, 62% -25Washington Nationals
VS Washington Nationals0-0 No GamesVS Philadelphia Phillies0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team Under .5009-7, 56% 17vs Team .500 or Better7-9, 44% -275Philadelphia Phillies
Record As Road Underdog3-4, 43% 4Record As Home Favorite7-5, 58% -127Philadelphia Phillies
When Vincent Velasquez Starts3-2, 60% 40When Tanner Roark Starts5-0, 100% 459Washington Nationals

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

Philadelphia PhilliesRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD23-35, 40% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME30-28, 52% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS3-9, 25% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS7-5, 58% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON39-37, 51% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON35-40, 47% OverOVER
OVER-UNDER IN Vincent Velasquez STARTS10-13, 43% OverOVER-UNDER IN Tanner Roark STARTS10-12, 45% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - Philadelphia Phillies Road Games: 31-30, 51% +186 Washington Nationals Home Games: 34-26, 57% +1534 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Philadelphia Phillies Road Games: 7-5, 58% +266 Washington Nationals Home Games: 8-5, 62% +499

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - Philadelphia Phillies Road Games: 33-28, 54% +20 Washington Nationals Home Games: 31-29, 52% -1008 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Philadelphia Phillies Road Games: 6-6, 50% -74 Washington Nationals Home Games: 8-5, 62% -25

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - Philadelphia Phillies Road Games: 30-28, 52% -80 Washington Nationals Home Games: 23-31, 43% -1110 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - Philadelphia Phillies Road Games: 9-3, 75% + 570 Washington Nationals Home Games: 6-5, 55% + 50

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW