August 10, 2018 7:47 AM CDT

Washington Nationals vs Chicago Cubs 8/10/2018

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Chicago Cubs are 34-21 at home this season and the Washington Nationals are 29-28 on the road this season. This is a close match-up with both teams having a 45 to 55 percent chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Cubs\' starter Kyle Hendricks is forecasted to have a better game than Nationals\' starter Jeremy Hellickson. Kyle Hendricks has a 50% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Jeremy Hellickson has a 40% chance of a QS. If Kyle Hendricks has a quality start the Cubs has a 66% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 3.2 and he has a 28% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Cubs win 60%. In Jeremy Hellickson quality starts the Nationals win 60%. He has a 38% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 60% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Chicago Cubs is Kris Bryant who averaged 1.93 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 30% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cubs have a 67% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Washington Nationals is Juan Soto who averaged 2.06 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 33% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Nationals have a 65% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Chicago Cubs

Washington NationalsRECORDChicago CubsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road29-28, 51% -489Record at Home34-21, 62% 21Chicago Cubs
VS Chicago Cubs0-0 No GamesVS Washington Nationals0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team .500 or Better26-35, 43% -1405vs Team .500 or Better34-32, 52% -425Chicago Cubs
Record As Road Underdog8-8, 50% 177Record As Home Favorite34-19, 64% 221Chicago Cubs
When Jeremy Hellickson Starts10-5, 67% 358When Kyle Hendricks Starts10-13, 43% -645Washington Nationals

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Chicago Cubs

Washington NationalsRECORDChicago CubsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road5-7, 42% -373Record at Home6-6, 50% -185Chicago Cubs
VS Chicago Cubs0-0 No GamesVS Washington Nationals0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team .500 or Better1-3, 25% -254vs Team .500 or Better6-7, 46% -208Chicago Cubs
Record As Road Underdog1-1, 50% 11Record As Home Favorite6-6, 50% -185Washington Nationals
When Jeremy Hellickson Starts2-2, 50% -70When Kyle Hendricks Starts4-1, 80% 162Chicago Cubs

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

Washington NationalsRECORDChicago CubsRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD21-34, 38% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME31-22, 58% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS6-6, 50% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS8-3, 73% OverOVER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON35-43, 45% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON50-36, 58% OverOVER
OVER-UNDER IN Jeremy Hellickson STARTS4-11, 27% OverOVER-UNDER IN Kyle Hendricks STARTS10-10, 50% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - Washington Nationals Road Games: 28-29, 49% -132 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 27-28, 49% -432 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Washington Nationals Road Games: 4-8, 33% -444 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 4-8, 33% -529

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - Washington Nationals Road Games: 31-26, 54% -162 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 34-21, 62% +54 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Washington Nationals Road Games: 6-6, 50% -195 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 6-6, 50% -185

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - Washington Nationals Road Games: 41-11, 79% + 2890 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 25-26, 49% -360 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - Washington Nationals Road Games: 8-4, 67% + 360 Chicago Cubs Home Games: 3-7, 30% -470

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW