May 16, 2018 9:16 AM CDT

New York Yankees vs Washington Nationals 5/16/2018

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Washington Nationals are 10-10 at home this season and are solid favorites to beat the New York Yankees who are 10-5 on the road this season. The Nationals have a better than 55% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Nationals\' starter Max Scherzer is forecasted to have a better game than Yankees\' starter CC Sabathia. Max Scherzer has a 53% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while CC Sabathia has a 46% chance of a QS. If Max Scherzer has a quality start the Nationals has a 69% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 5.3 and he has a 37% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Nationals win 63%. In CC Sabathia quality starts the Yankees win 58%. He has a 28% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 58% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Washington Nationals is Bryce Harper who averaged 2.06 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 33% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Nationals have a 70% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the New York Yankees is Aaron Judge who averaged 2.15 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 36% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Yankees have a 58% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: New York Yankees

New York YankeesRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road10-5, 67% 429Record at Home10-10, 50% -354New York Yankees
VS Washington Nationals0-0 No GamesVS New York Yankees0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team .500 or Better16-8, 67% 447vs Team .500 or Better18-15, 55% -134New York Yankees
Record As Road Underdog5-3, 62% 258Record As Home Favorite9-9, 50% -368New York Yankees
When CC Sabathia Starts4-3, 57% -5When Max Scherzer Starts8-1, 89% 391Washington Nationals

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. NEITHER TEAM HAS UNITS EDGE

New York YankeesRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road6-1, 86% 512Record at Home7-3, 70% 205New York Yankees
VS Washington Nationals0-0 No GamesVS New York Yankees0-0 No GamesN/A
vs Team .500 or Better7-3, 70% 265vs Team .500 or Better12-5, 71% 433Washington Nationals
Record As Road Underdog4-1, 80% 359Record As Home Favorite6-2, 75% 191New York Yankees
When CC Sabathia Starts4-1, 80% 195When Max Scherzer Starts5-0, 100% 345Washington Nationals

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

New York YankeesRECORDWashington NationalsRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD6-8, 43% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME9-11, 45% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS2-5, 29% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS5-5, 50% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON42-44, 49% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON35-40, 47% OverUNDER
OVER-UNDER IN CC Sabathia STARTS3-3, 50% OverOVER-UNDER IN Max Scherzer STARTS6-3, 67% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - New York Yankees Road Games: 8-7, 53% -49 Washington Nationals Home Games: 10-10, 50% +229 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - New York Yankees Road Games: 5-2, 71% +164 Washington Nationals Home Games: 3-7, 30% -416

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - New York Yankees Road Games: 8-7, 53% -25 Washington Nationals Home Games: 11-9, 55% -144 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - New York Yankees Road Games: 5-2, 71% +240 Washington Nationals Home Games: 7-3, 70% +205

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - New York Yankees Road Games: 7-4, 64% + 260 Washington Nationals Home Games: 9-11, 45% -310 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - New York Yankees Road Games: 4-1, 80% + 290 Washington Nationals Home Games: 5-5, 50% -50

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW