May 16, 2018 9:16 AM CDT

Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers 5/16/2018

AccuScore.com Game Forecast Preview  
Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW

The Cleveland Indians are 7-12 on the road this season and are heavy favorites to beat the Detroit Tigers who are 12-9 at home. The Indians have a better than 60% chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Indians\' starter Trevor Bauer is forecasted to have a better game than Tigers\' starter Ryan Carpenter. Trevor Bauer has a 61% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Ryan Carpenter has a 28% chance of a QS. If Trevor Bauer has a quality start the Indians has a 82% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 5.2 and he has a 48% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Indians win 71%. In Ryan Carpenter quality starts the Tigers win 57%. He has a 43% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 57% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Detroit Tigers is Nick Castellanos who averaged 1.78 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 27% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Tigers have a 44% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the Cleveland Indians is Jose Ramirez who averaged 2.66 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 47% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Indians have a 79% chance of winning.

CURRENT SEASON: We advise relying on these trends after the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Detroit Tigers

Cleveland IndiansRECORDDetroit TigersRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road7-12, 37% -745Record at Home12-9, 57% 520Detroit Tigers
VS Detroit Tigers4-2, 67% 1VS Cleveland Indians2-4, 33% -67Cleveland Indians
vs Team Under .50014-7, 67% -25vs Team .500 or Better3-7, 30% -225Cleveland Indians
Record as Road Favorite7-8, 47% -345Record as Home Underdog8-5, 62% 586Detroit Tigers
When Trevor Bauer Starts3-5, 38% -304When Ryan Carpenter Starts0-1, 0% -100Detroit Tigers

PAST 30 DAYS: We advise incorporating these trends along with the current Season after the first 6 to 8 weeks. UNITS EDGE FAVORS: Detroit Tigers

Cleveland IndiansRECORDDetroit TigersRECORDUNITS EDGE
Record on the Road5-8, 38% -528Record at Home11-4, 73% 933Detroit Tigers
VS Detroit Tigers0-2, 0% -200VS Cleveland Indians2-0, 100% 333Detroit Tigers
vs Team .500 or Better3-10, 23% -811vs Team .500 or Better5-4, 56% 314Detroit Tigers
Record as Road Favorite5-5, 50% -228Record as Home Underdog8-2, 80% 886Detroit Tigers
When Trevor Bauer Starts2-3, 40% -163When Ryan Carpenter Starts0-0 No GamesDetroit Tigers

OVER-UNDER TRENDS

Cleveland IndiansRECORDDetroit TigersRECORDO-U EDGE
OVER-UNDER ON ROAD8-11, 42% OverOVER-UNDER AT HOME11-10, 52% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS5-8, 38% OverROAD OVER-UNDER PAST 30 DAYS8-7, 53% OverUNDER
ROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON31-46, 40% OverROAD OVER-UNDER LAST SEASON48-30, 62% OverOVER
OVER-UNDER IN Trevor Bauer STARTS4-4, 50% OverOVER-UNDER IN Ryan Carpenter STARTS1-0, 100% OverN/A

ACCUSCORE ADVISOR: AccuScore simulates every game thousands of times one play at a time. We are the industry standard in sports forecasting and the only company to be paid for sports picks and predictions by the biggest sports companies in the world. Our newest product, the AccuScore Advisor, provides Side Value, Money Line and Over-Under picks for every MLB game and rates them as One, Two, Three or Four Star picks. Three and Four Star picks have delivered over +10,000 units of profit the past 2 seasons. Visit AccuScore.com to find out what AccuScore\'s Advisor recommends for this game. The following trends are AccuScore\'s RIGHT-WRONG records and units (+/-) when making picks involving these teams.

SIDE VALUE (Current Season) - Cleveland Indians Road Games: 8-11, 42% -28 Detroit Tigers Home Games: 11-10, 52% +331 SIDE VALUE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Cleveland Indians Road Games: 5-8, 38% -103 Detroit Tigers Home Games: 9-6, 60% +552

MONEY LINE (Current Season) - Cleveland Indians Road Games: 11-8, 58% +93 Detroit Tigers Home Games: 6-15, 29% -941 MONEY LINE (PAST 30 DAYS) - Cleveland Indians Road Games: 8-5, 62% +18 Detroit Tigers Home Games: 4-11, 27% -720

OVER-UNDER RECORD (Current Season) - Cleveland Indians Road Games: 8-10, 44% -300 Detroit Tigers Home Games: 9-11, 45% -310 OVER-UNDER RECORD (PAST 30 DAYS) - Cleveland Indians Road Games: 5-8, 38% -380 Detroit Tigers Home Games: 7-8, 47% -180

Click here to see AccuScore's pick for this game

Save 10% off membership by using coupon code: PREVIEW